Are you an excellent communicator? Do you have a natural aptitude for research and interpreting data? Would you like to use your analytical skills in a way that really makes a difference?
The City of Lincoln Council is looking for a Business Intelligence Officer to join its busy Corporate Policy and Transformation team. This interesting and challenging role offers a rare opportunity to develop your analytical and research skills, and to use these to drive improvements across all Council services. As part of our One Council programme you will contribute to a wide range of projects, delivering data-led service improvement and enhancing how we gather and use business intelligence to enhance our customers’ experience.
· Act as organisational lead for performance management and support Council-wide service improvements;
· Act as organisational lead for data and business intelligence, enhancing how the Council gathers, interprets and presents information to support evidence-based policy and decision making; and
· Promote our ‘One Council’ approach to improving and delivering services across the city.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· Degree level qualification in a relevant subject, or equivalent experience
· Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and on own initiative
· Ability to extract and analyse large volumes of different types of data, and present key insights to a range of audiences
· Knowledge of performance management systems, tools and techniques
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
We also offer:
· Flexible working options / Flexi time scheme
· 29 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
· Local government pension scheme (currently 23.4% employer contribution)
· Employee online discount scheme (including cinema, retail/supermarkets and homeware/tech)
· Health and Wellbeing support
· Sustainable Travel Options (Tax free bike scheme and discounted City parking)
For an informal discussion please contact Michelle Hoyles, Business Manager on 01522 873657.
In order to complete your application please download and read the job description attached. You will find the essential criteria required for the role in the person specification section so please ensure you address this in your supporting statement.
All external candidates are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and a 6 month probationary period.
As a Disability Confident Scheme employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the vacancy.