Are you an excellent communicator with experience curating engaging web content? Do you enjoy innovating and identifying new ways of working? Do you want to use your web design and digital skills in a way that really makes a difference?
The City of Lincoln Council is looking for an ambitious and creative Digital/Web Officer to join its busy Transformation team. This interesting and challenging role is central to our ambitious One Council programme, reshaping and improving our web offer to residents, businesses and visitors so our customers can choose to access our services in a way that best meets their needs.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on 2nd February 2024.
- Work as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team to streamline and re-engineer how the Council provides services to its customers;
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate the development of a high quality, easy-to-use and customer focused website;
- Lead a network of web editors and publishers across the Council to promote effective content management of our website and intranet;
- Lead a range of website development projects;
- Develop mechanisms for gathering high quality customer feedback, and collate analytics and other website data to support continuous improvement of our online services;
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of best practice in website design and development in a public sector context; and
- Promote our ‘One Council’ approach to improving and delivering services across the city.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work as part of a team with conflicting and changing priorities;
- Experience in website design and/or content management, with a strong focus on accessibility;
- Excellent written communication skills, including an ability to present web/digital content in a creative and user friendly way;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience solving problems from the customers’ point of view;
- GCSE Grade 9 – 4 (A* - C, or equivalent) in English;
- Confident user of Microsoft Office/365 solutions including Sharepoint and Excel; and
- Understanding of the role of business processes and IT in a large organisation
We also offer:
- Flexible working options / Flexi time scheme;
- Generous annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays;
- Local government pension scheme (currently 23.4% employer contribution);
- Employee online discount scheme (including cinema, retail/supermarkets and homeware/tech);
- Health and Wellbeing support; and
- Sustainable Travel Options (Tax free bike scheme and discounted City parking)
For an informal discussion, please contact Recruiting Manager Michelle Hoyles (01522 873657).
In order to complete your application, please download and read the job description attached. You will find the essential criteria required for the role in the person specification section, so please ensure you address this in your supporting statement.
All external candidates are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and a 6 month probationary period.
As a Disability Confident Scheme employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the vacancy.